What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being put on hold?

Toby

LV

How do you feel whenever a customer service representative you're on call with says let me put you on hold to work on your complaint or request as to why you called them?

Do you decline their request to put you on hold and have them stay active on the call till your problem is fixed or do you comply?

It depends on why I am calling as to whether I appreciate being put on hold or not by the person I am speaking to. Any time I have made a call about something and been placed on hold it has been because they needed to speak to their manager regarding a decision that they needed to make, this is more than likely essential and something they have to do so I am fine with being put on hold for that.

If I am put on hold and feel as though the person I am speaking to is doing it to try and get rid of me then I will usually say something about being put on hold.

One problem with phone calls to support is where they ask you about joining all this stuff you have no interest in joining. This happens when I phone up my credit card to see what is on it.

As long as there is a good reason for me to be put on hold then I have no issue with being put on hold. I think I speak for many people when I say that being put on hold because the person you are speaking with does not want to have to deal with the issue is the worst and I really do not appreciate being put on hold because the operator on the other end can't be bothered

One silly customer service representative faked my call breaking up and ended the call on me. I hate having to deal with call service representatives. They are the last set of staff I would be interested in crossing paths with. Most of them are horrible human beings.

I understand that there are some cases where you would need to be put on hold such as if they need to speak to someone higher up or if they need to check something and being put on hold for that does not bother me. Being put on hold because they can not be bothered to deal with my issue is the time I do get annoyed with being put on hold.

If I can be able to fix the problem which led me to call the customer service representative, I wouldn't bother with calling them in the first place. If they asked to put me on hold, it means they need assistance too with solving my problem, so I don't mind at all as long as they come back and fix my issue. I will only be pissed after putting me on hold but still failed to solve my problem.

I would make use of self service first and see if I can solve any issues I'm having before calling the customer service. I know these guys are under a lot of stress everyday and if I can avoid them I would because some of them can get so worked up they behave out of turn.

I remembered my experience with DHL customer service representatives. Most of them doesn't know what they are doing but I had one guy attended to me very well one day which makes me ask to be transferred to him whenever I call DHL support. I don't mind waiting some minutes till he's free to attend my call.

I understand that there are some cases where you would need to be put on hold such as if they need to speak to someone higher up or if they need to check something and being put on hold for that does not bother me. Being put on hold because they can not be bothered to deal with my issue is the time I do get annoyed with being put on hold.
In this kind of situation, you don't have any choice but to wait for how long it takes before they solve your problem. It will be bad only when they put you on hold for too long without transfering you to an agent to attend to your complaint.

I used to get worked up whenever I'm being put on hold but over multiple times, it no longer bother me. I would just leave the phone on either loudspeaker or connected with my airpods and attend to other things I'm doing till they have my time.

I hate dealing with customer service representative on calls. This is why I don't call them. I would rather make use of mail to discuss whatever problem I want them to fix or I go to the office by myself.

I've been put on hold for about 3 hours when I was calling the department that was in charge of the permitting process of our state when I needed to carry out some renovation in my apartment. It was a very frustrating day having to wait for 3 hours before they would be able to attend to me.

I've been put on hold for about 3 hours when I was calling the department that was in charge of the permitting process of our state when I needed to carry out some renovation in my apartment. It was a very frustrating day having to wait for 3 hours before they would be able to attend to me.
Dealing with those permitting process department is a very difficult thing because a lot of their workers can be very nasty and with nonchalant attitude when they are tending to home owners.

It's a shame that you can't control not being put on hold. It's either you hold or end the call. Whenever I'm being put on hold, I hope to have the call active fast.

Back