What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Funk music are you currently listening to?

Bill Frank

LV

Notes
♬869
I should say that fuck music is most likely my favourite music genre because of its origin and link with African American communities in the mid 1960's.

I'm currently listening to Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

I'm listening to Super Freak which was song by Rick James. It's one of the most memorable funk song of all time to the best of my knowledge.

When it comes to the best Funk music artist, my favorite in the world would be the one and only James Brown.

I'm listening to his song - Get Up I Feel Like Being A Sex Machine right now and I'm enjoying it so much.

I'm listening to Super Freak which was song by Rick James. It's one of the most memorable funk song of all time to the best of my knowledge.

This song got me into funk. :)
--
Recently, I've been listening to a lot of classic funk music, especially works by the late great musician James Brown.

Since music is timeless, it continues to sound contemporary even today. "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine," "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag," and "The Payback" are a few of my favorite James Brown songs.

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag was the last song of his that I listened to.

I've been and am currently listening to Sly & the Family Stone.

They combine funk, soul, and rock in their music, and their live performances were renowned for their fervor and improvisation.
Their music is a fusion of funk, soul, and rock, and their live performances were legendary for their energy and improvisation.

James Brown is a guy that's done so well in the funk music genre that you can't overlook him easily because of all the work he's done. One of my favorite songs he's released is Cold Sweat. It's his biggest hit and a song that paved way for what we have in funk today. A lot funk musicians was created and inspired by his song.

James Brown wrote and released Papa's Got a Brand New Bag in 1965. This song is what had the most effect in his soul-funk career. It's a blend of best rhythm and amazing instruments used to make the song.

Back