What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite folk dance style?

Mason

LV

Folk dance usually expresses the people's way of life being reflected in their song and dance style. There are so many kinds of folk dance that cannot all be recorded and so many that's popular all of the world.

If I'm choosing my favourite folk dance style, it's going to be the Weapon Dances. It's the genre of folk where weapons are used to dance. The dance carries a story of how the people fight in battles and train for war. This kind of dance is popular in China, Africa, Scotland, Vietnam and India.

If you have watched movies like The Black Panther and The Woman King, you will witness some of their warrior and weapons dances. I really enjoyed watching those folk dances in the movies.

I love our folk dance which we use to celebrate our cultural yam eating festival ceremony. Yam eating festival is one of the biggest celebrations we have once every year. All the tribes in my community come with their own dance groups to represent and participate in the dancing.

I have to admit that I have never heard of weapon dances before. It sounds fascinating that it involves weapons being used as part of the dance, and how it reflects a culture's history and martial traditions. I'm always interested in learning about new types of folk dance, and I appreciate you sharing this with us.

As for my favorite folk dance style, I have to say that I really enjoy Irish folk dance. I find the intricate movements to be mesmerizing, and the traditional music that accompanies them is great.

This is Georgian traditional folk dance with swords by swordsmen. It's a very captivating folk dance.

I have watched the one's in The Woman King too. It's good as well.

Fold dance is always something I have had an interest in for a long time right from being little. I remember once there was a folk dance in my local town, they were performing in the town center for an event they had going on and my mum had to pull me away from watching as we had an appointment.

It really is fascinating to watch.

The Riverdance has to be my favorite folk dance. It is an Irish Folk Dance and it's great to watch. I will admit that I have tried to do the Riverdance but never been fully successful but it's a joy to watch.

The Riverdance has to be my favorite folk dance. It is an Irish Folk Dance and it's great to watch. I will admit that I have tried to do the Riverdance but never been fully successful but it's a joy to watch.

This too is also my favorite folk dance. I have loved seeing this dance since I was a kid myself and I think almost everyone when it first came out tried to do the Riverdance and would always fail. From what I remember, you have to keep your arms by your side and still and that is sometimes difficult for others to do and can take a lot of practice.

Colors Of India Cultural Folk Dance Performance will be my favourite folk dance which I watched in 2018. India is very good at culturally preserving their history through music.

Back