What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What makes a good song for you?

Drogon

LV

What are the things that must be available in any song before you would consider it to be a very good song? Would it be just the beats, lyrics, the song structure, chord progression etc that you must have to make that bold claim the song is a good one?

Let's hear what you think about this?

A good song for me is something that is catchy and I can get into right from the start. If I hear a new song and it gets me interested right away and I enjoy it right the way through then it's a song that I know is good.

It takes quite a bit for me to enjoy a song, I always look at how I react myself when I listen to a song for the first time, if it gets me hooked from start to finish I class it as a good song but if I get the urge to want to skip it or can not wait for the song to end so that we can move onto another song like on the radio, that is not a good song for me.

I usually determine a good song by whether it catches my attention first off or whether it ends up being a song that I just have no interest in. If the song catches my attention straight away and it keeps my attention throughout, that to me is a good song, especially if I want to listen to the song again after it has finished as well.

It depends on the kind of song I'm listening to. If it's hip hop, there's a different thing I'm expecting from it to make it a good song. If it's punk, there's what I'm expecting from it, if it's hard rock, the same thing and any other songs. I don't expect all songs to have the same thing before they will be good song to me.

What makes a song very good for me is when it is capable of moving me emotionally because I believe that music should have power to touch people emotionally and not just about whatever they are hearing that is playing and making a lot of noise. So, if a music is not affecting me emotionally, it is not considered a good song for me.

I am always very particular about the lyrics of any song that I'm listening to. If the lyrics of a song doesn't make any sense and have a deep connection to what is being sang to me, I would never appreciate or see the song as anything that is worth listening to.

Back