What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your thoughts on artists that mime or use auto-tune??

Shortie

LV

Notes
♬874
So we all know that from time to time, some artists will mime their songs or even use auto-tune when performing live. This is a personal preference and whilst some artists do it, some refuse to do it and when they perform live they will sing live without miming or even using any kind of auto-tune.

In some cases, some artists who do not ever mime or use auto-tune will get accused of doing so no matter how much they try to prove it otherwise.

What are your thoughts on artists that mime or use auto-tune?

I believe it is a personal preference of artists as to whether they feel more comfortable miming or using auto-tune when singing live without using either. A lot of people often have a go at artists that either mime or use auto-tune not always realizing there may be a reason they needed to.

What matters is how their music comes out and if it's good, their mime or use of auto-tun is justified. As long as they are comfortable making use of it, it's all then counts.

I don't mind how they decide to sing and produce their music. If they feel that miming or using auto-tune is what's going to work for them, who am I to criticize them?

Back