What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading Music

Jason

LV

Notes
♬731
Who can read music? How well can you read? Do you feel everyone should read music? How does reading music broaden your horizons? Myself, not being a dorky showoff, lol, but I can read music very well, but I took piano lessons in 2nd grade and then studied percussion in high school. Nonetheless, I know you don't need to read music to be good at music.

Apart from listening to music or watching them live or on TV, which I understand and appreciate very well, I don't get into further reading of music or songs. I have never taken music lessons. It's not something popular over here.

Apart from reading poems when I was still in college, I'm not sure if I have attempted to read music. I'm not sure if I have the head to study music. I will just stick to listening to music.

Do they read music differently? I almost got thrown off by the OP titled but after reading it, I figured out he's talking about taking music lessons. I've done that so many times and I still attend my violin music lesson classes both online and offline.

I don't think it's everyone that will be interested in reading music because it is something very different from how you read ordinary books. There is a way to read music for you to even know how to sing it if you find yourself in a situation where ever you are asked to sing using a music book with the keytones especially for example if you're playing a piano.

I've been reading music since I was a kid. I took music lessons in my 3rd grade, it was when I got so used to reading music. I have music classes that I still attend online now once in a while.

Back