What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying for Twitter Blue Verification Tick?

Toby

LV

Do you see it relevant paying for the Twitter account verification? It was said to be about $20 but after Elon Musk took over ownership of Twitter, he had it set at $8 per month purchased on the web while it's $11 per month through Apple's iOS.

Do you think that it's worth paying for?

I have seen others that have purchased Twitter blue but to be honest, I have not seen any reason yet for me to need to purchase it. One thing I have noticed though is that those without Twitter blue seem to have their tweets seen by a lot fewer people. I am not sure if having Twitter Blue changes that but if it does, it is a pretty harsh way of getting people to buy it.

I had heard that you now have to pay for a blue checkmark on Twitter that once was used to verify accounts of those who were the official accounts. From what I am hearing though, some people are happy to pay for it and others would rather just not bother at all.

I have seen others that have purchased Twitter blue but to be honest, I have not seen any reason yet for me to need to purchase it. One thing I have noticed though is that those without Twitter blue seem to have their tweets seen by a lot fewer people. I am not sure if having Twitter Blue changes that but if it does, it is a pretty harsh way of getting people to buy it.
This is a very bad way to try and get people to buy Twitter blue I feel. Wouldn't this just turn people away from Twitter if they do not want Twitter blue and their tweets get fewer views?

I don't have any business with Twitter. In fact, I don't think that I have used my Twitter account in more than 5 years at the moment. I don't even know how the interface looks now. Since I'm not promoting any products on Twitter, there's no need to pay for account verification.

I use Twitter but I do not use it enough to warrant making a purchase for Twitter Blue. It would seem that if you have a business or a brand to promote Twitter Blue may be beneficial to you but for someone who just browses Twitter and tweets very rarely, it's not something that I would benefit from so I haven't bothered.

So, Elon Musk removed all the verification ticks on all celebrities account on Twitter few days ago. I didn't get the whole gist on why he did that but after certain pressure being mount on his and his tech team, he had to add it back.

I've paid the $7.99 for my Twitter account blue verification. It's not expensive and that's why I considered it. If it was anything from $15 and above, I'm never going to pay for it. I will use my Twitter account that way.

So, Elon Musk removed all the verification ticks on all celebrities account on Twitter few days ago. I didn't get the whole gist on why he did that but after certain pressure being mount on his and his tech team, he had to add it back.
He's been messing around with everything that's on Twitter since he acquired the ownership of the social media site. He started with another update of limiting user's daily views and it backfired. Now, there's Threads launched by Mark Zuckerberg to rival Twitter.

There is nothing that is going to make me to consider paying for Twitter blue tick verification because I don't have any need whatsoever for that kind of upgrade on my account on Twitter. A lot of people are even moving away from using Twitter now to join the new Threads.

Unfortunately, I'm not even using Twitter/X. I don't have to pay for account verification when I'm not on the social media site. I heard it's very toxic on Twitter/X, how true is that?

I wouldn't bother about paying for the blue tick verification on Twitter because I don't make use of the social media platform.

I would have started using it but as a result of people complaining how toxic Twitter have been, I had to deassociate myself from making use of Twitter.

Back