What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One hit wonders who you feel could have gone further.

Shortie

LV

Notes
♬874
I can't think of all the artists that have had one-hit wonders but there are some artists that do spring to mind when I think of a one-hit wonder and one of them is Gotye with Somebody That I Used To Know.

I feel if Gotye had released more music he more than likely would have been a popular artist but he only seemed to have one hit and then we didn't see him again.

Which artists that had one-hit wonders do you feel could have gone further if they release more music?

I always lose track of artists that have had one-hit wonders in the past even though I know there are quite a few that have had them. One that does stick out in my mind though and I believe it is the top one-hit wonder as well and was Macarena by Los Del Rio

Have anyone forgotten when the Gangnam Style was being played almost all the time. You can hardly ever miss it. The song Psy went viral like crazy over the internet because of the unique dance style. It's one of the best one hit wonder I've known.

Blind Melon with their ‘No Rain’ song was a very big one hit wonder back in the days. The band had a massive radio hit with "No Rain," in 1994 but with the lead signer Shannon Hoon addiction to drugs that got him killed on tour in October of 1995 brought about the end of the band. They could have gotten bigger and higher if not for Shannon Hoon addiction to drugs.

Back