What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Musicians and Drugs

Ja sa bong

LV

Notes
♬941
Why does artists in the hip hop music genre used to do drugs a lot more than any other genre? There's been high profile hip hop artist who went to jail because of doing drugs. Rappers like Fetty Wap who's serving 6 years in prison for dealing drugs. Also, Rapper Nines have been jailed for importing 28kg of Cannabis into UK from Spain and Poland.

It's like music alone isn't paying them well and they have to do drugs to meet up?

I have been worried with what is going on when it comes to how musicians are now being involved with a lot of drug activities because this is not how the old greats who used to be in music took the career.

I think the new generation is moving towards a very delicate and explosive line that is going to affect music in the future in a very negative way.

Drugs and music have always been related and interconnected for ages. It is the reason why it is very difficult to separate musicians from using and doing drugs. It's the reason why a lot of them have been caught in the process and it destroyed their careers. Some of them have even died as a result of overdosing on the drug they are using.

It is not only musicians that are into making use of drugs, I believe that it is something that have rooted very deep in our society which is why it is important for people to do everything possible to avoid being addicted to those poison that are being sold in the streets of our home.

Reactions: Jon
It is not only musicians that are into making use of drugs, I believe that it is something that have rooted very deep in our society which is why it is important for people to do everything possible to avoid being addicted to those poison that are being sold in the streets of our home.
It's true what you've said about it not being only musicians that are into using drugs. Even though artists makes use of them whenever most of them want to perform on stage because it makes them high and focused.

It is very unfortunate that drugs can never be eliminated 100% in our community today which is the reason why we are seeing a lot of people make use of it and abuse it in a way that some that are unfortunate are usually overdosing on those drugs. I have been on concerts where some artists overdose and collapsed on stage when they are trying to perform.

I think it is because they have the opportunity to travel across the world often. And because they are high profile individuals they think they can get away with the act.
Greed is the problem. They earn a lot of money, it's just not enough for them.

I think it is because they have the opportunity to travel across the world often. And because they are high profile individuals they think they can get away with the act.
You got it right, greed is the motivating factor. They want more money and they are willing to risk their freedom to get it. They know what they are signing up for, that is why I don’t pity anyone that gets caught.

Traveling around the world makes them to have the opportunity to carry drugs and sell out. Being high profile individuals is another reason they get away easily with whatever crimes they commit.

Another thing to consider and add to this would be their addiction to those drugs because I don't think it is immediately they became a musicians that they started using drugs. They have been using it way back before their stardom.

Back