What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misheard Song Lyrics!

Nikki

LV

Notes
♬690
If you are a huge fan of music and love to listen to music a lot you will know that some songs will always have lyrics that are often misheard and sound like something else. Some people even sometimes sing the misheard song lyrics not realizing that what they are singing is not the actual lyrics and that often leaves them embarrassed or it can be a moment of absolute laughter between friends.

What songs have you listened to you thought you knew the lyrics to but it turns out that the lyrics you were hearing were wrong.

This hardly happens to me as an adult but I'm very sure that I've been a culprit some years ago especially when I was a teenager. I can remember doing it with some rap songs of Ememin, BIG, Tupac, Fat Joe and so many other rappers. But now, I stream all my songs online and they have the lyrics coming up when they playing.

Uptown Girl by Westlife is a song this happened to me a lot. I would just be singing out loud thinking I know what I'm saying as the song lyrics goes but I was ashamed the day I saw the real and correct lyrics of the song.

No, I've never misheard any song's lyrics. I always use Musicmax which is an application that gives me the lyrics of any song I'm playing. It's very hard for me to mishear any music when using the application.

Can somebody whose native language is English help me, please? I can't find anywhere the lyrics of one song and my English isn't good enough to figure it out by myself at some specific moments of the song. Can somebody, please, write the whole lyrics of the song?
Song: The Ugly Kings - The Fire

(The first word is on 0:56)

A few of my favorite mixups...

Hearing 'banana is a friend of mine' when listening to One-Eyed Bastard by Green Day. The actual line is 'vendetta is a friend of mine.'

More recently though, I realized I've heard 'down on the corner out in the street' as 'down on the corner party in the street' and/or 'down on the corner fartin' in the street' when CCR would come on the radio.

Back