What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make time go faster on boring jobs.

Jerry

LV

Notes
♬169
I've noticed with more sleep time goes faster. Other strategies are studying things in your head or thinking of music in your head. Of course, if music is playing that helps time go faster,

Going back to my original statement, lack of sleep seems to make the situation way worse.

I get grumpy 😡 all day whenever I didn't sleep well last night. It's why getting a very good night sleep is very important for me because my entire day would have my on an edge and I'm going to restless all day.

If you have something to do such as work and you know it is going to drag, not getting enough sleep the night before is the absolute worst as it really does make things drag so much more than they would do. In terms of anything that drags, I always feel music helps a lot when something drags.

Making time go faster on boring jobs is not impossible but it is also not super simple either. A lot of people who are on boring jobs tend to do a lot of clock watching and I always find that if you are watching the time and waiting for something, it can make time seem to go even slower so I would advise against that.

Even though the job is boring, I would personally try to get on and do what I needed and hoped that the day went quickly.

A lot of people who are on boring jobs tend to do a lot of clock watching and I always find that if you are watching the time and waiting for something, it can make time seem to go even slower so I would advise against that.

Yeah, no doubt clock watching is bad as the saying goes "A watched pot never boils" ;). Who has heard that one? Well, what makes time go slow is mental boredom. What else could it be?

The only piece of advice I could give to anyone who wants a boring job to speed up and not feel like it is dragging is to not watch the clock. I always remember when I was in school, I hated it and I would sit and watch the clock hoping it would make time go faster and it never did, it just made it slower. I soon learned that.

If you don't sleep well in the night, it's going to be very difficult for you to focus well all day long. It's why I have an automatic switch off time for all my gadgets in order to force me to sleep.
Whenever I'm at work and I want to kill time, I would just listen to music or stream movies online if my boss isn't around.

A lot of people who are on boring jobs tend to do a lot of clock watching and I always find that if you are watching the time and waiting for something, it can make time seem to go even slower so I would advise against that.
Watching time definitely makes it go slower because I have done it several times and it took like for one hour to pass. If you're working on a job that's boring, watching time will kill you fatser than the boring job itself.

Time gets sluggish whenever you're not doing anything at work but just sitting on your desk. If you're busy, you would know when it's lunch time and closing time but when your idle, you will know when each minute passes. Get yourself busy and time will go fast.

I don't care if my job is boring as long as I get paid for doing my job. I just find a way to fall in love with the job and that's how I make it not to be a boring job for me. Although, I have my music in my ears whenever I'm at work.

I have my own private office space at work. Whenever I'm more or with less job to do, I can always watch movie or play game on my PC. I just get carried away whenever I'm watching the movie. It's to help me get by.

Thankfully, I don't have a boring job. It's always lively and lucid in my workplace. I'm always happy being at work, it's fun all the time. I'm very eager to be at work.

Back