What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hip Hop Dance: Which Styles Have You Tried and Which Ones Are Most Challenging?

Altair

LV

Notes
♬712
Hip hop is a popular and versatile form of dance that originated in the Bronx in New York City during the 1970s.

Due to the continual growth of hip hop, there are now many different types of hip hop dancing.

Breaking, also referred to as breakdancing, is one of the earliest styles of hip hop dance. Spins, flips, and freezes are among the athletic and acrobatic moves included in it. Breaking is defined by its spontaneity and emphasis on individuality of style and creativity.

Hip hop dancing moves known as "locking" place an emphasis on big, flamboyant motions and the utilization of bodily pauses, or "locks." The dance, which has been around since the 1970s, is typically done to upbeat and groovy music.

Popping, a type of hip-hop dancing, comprises quick, jerky muscular movements that are typically timed to the music. Since it was developed in the 1970s, funk or techno music is frequently used to accompany it.

Krumping is a high-intensity style of hip hop dance that first appeared in Los Angeles in the early 2000s. The use of aggressive, exaggerated motions is common in freestyle battles and cyphers.

These are only a few of the various hip-hop dance variations. Which genres have you experimented with, and which do you find the most intriguing or challenging to perform?

I have tried breaking dancing and it's very difficult because my body isn't too flexible to do it very well. But I can manage when it's not too asking for too much twisting.

I have gotten into stomping dancing. It's a very popular dancing style in my neighbourhood when I was growing up.

Krumping is a dancing style that is very exhausting because the last time I tried it, I nearly passed out and that was the last time I ever tried out participating in this kind of dancing style. I can manage breakdancing but it's not going to be anything too complicated.

Stepping is another type of hip hop dance which is also very difficult to learn. It's very exhausting because some people also add breaking into the routine to spice it up. I have tried learning it but unfortunately I can't get it right.

Back