What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Software

Jerry

LV

Notes
♬169
I love XenForo, but it's not a good choice for many people, as it is luxurious, cost money, and not necessary in many cases. Well, phpBB, Simple Machines (SMF), and some WordPress derived forum software (WordForo, BBPress) are mobile/tablet friendly. In fact, even MyBB probably has a free theme besides the default that is mobile friendly.

What forum software do you use or might want to use and why?

I use phpBB at the moment. However, I had a bunch of XenForo licenses, but my computer crashed with the codes for them and I lost the backup email. :eek: Oh well, I love XenForo, but I have been wanting to experiment with phpBB.

Anyway, always a big problem is the costs and I've been going thru hard times lately, so free forum software is good cause no paid entry or updates.

If you're looking at making use of a paid forum software, you can never go wrong with getting and using Xenforo or WordPress. I use both of them, Xenforo for my forum and WordPress for my blog. Xenforo is cost effective but I'm very satisfied with it.

I don't tend to run forums myself but of the forums that I do use, I love Xenforo for all the features it has and for how easy it is to use as a member of the forum using that software as well.

From forum owners that I know tend to also be in the same boat for owning and running a forum, they love Xenforo due to the features it has and even though it does cost to use the software, for what they get from it, they all say that it is worth it.

As a forum owner and also as a forum user, I much prefer to use Xenforo for both of those purposes when it comes to paid forum software but if I am looking to use free forum software I usually got for MyBB as I feel that is the closest one that is similar to Xenforo but free. I also like to use MyBB as a user as well.

I only use forums as a member and have not had any interest in owning a forum for myself. I am quite happy to use Xenforo as that seems to be the popular software that many forum owners use now when they create a forum but I really wouldn't mind what software someone chooses to use as long as it was clean looking, easy to use, and user friendly.

I have used the following forum software over the past 15 years that I have been using forums and also being a webmaster. They are MyBB, phpBB, InvisionFree, Invision Community, Proboards, vbulletin, and Xenforo. I used to create and grow forums for the purpose of selling them.

I only use forums as a member and have not had any interest in owning a forum for myself. I am quite happy to use Xenforo as that seems to be the popular software that many forum owners use now when they create a forum but I really wouldn't mind what software someone chooses to use as long as it was clean looking, easy to use, and user friendly.
Owning and managing of a forum isn't for everyone. You don't have to be an owner before you can enjoy using forums. I've owned a few forums created with free forum software but my experience with Xenforo have been very good. It's the best paid forum software I've seen.

I only like using Xenforo for all my website set up. Also, I feel more comfortable working on a website that makes use of Xenforo too. I find it a bit awkward using forums with WordPress, vBulletin and the rest. Although, Invision software isn't bad either.

MyBB is my favourite forum software. I don't have money to pay for forum software, MyBB gives me more than enough. My current forum is built with MyBB and it's a joy to watch. I may use Xenforo in the future.

I don't have any forum at the moment but I have used a lot of forums. Most of them are built with Xenforo and Invision community software. I prefer forums built with Xenforo more.

XenForo remains my favorite forum software. I have used so many forums with different software but it happens to be that XenForo is the best among that I've used and I'm only interested in using forums that make use of XenForo software.

Back