What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Guitar Solos of All Time

Altair

LV

Notes
♬712
The guitar solo is an iconic element of rock and roll, and there have been countless virtuosic guitarists throughout the history of the genre. From blistering leads to soulful melodies, there's a guitar solo out there for everyone.

So what makes a great guitar solo? Is it the technical prowess of the guitarist, the emotional impact of the melody, or the way the solo fits into the larger context of the song?

Share your favorite guitar solos and explain why they hold a special place in your heart. You might also consider discussing the influence that certain guitarists or solos have had on your own playing or musical tastes.

Oh this is a great topic and I could go on and on with tons of Solos that maybe are better. Listen to Jimi Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower, Purple Rain by Price or what about Eruption by Eddie Van Halen they are amazing, but my choice would be While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Eric Clapton and The Beatles. This is a great solo and means a lot to me not only because it was maybe the first time The Beatles had featured another Artist on one of their songs but also one of my Moms favorite songs. When she passed away I had a few songs on loop and this was certainly one of them.

Whenever I hear guitar solo I always think of Brian May from Queen. He has had so many awesome guitar solos through the years that have been amazing.

This one always stands out to me and shows just how amazing he was on the guitar

There are so many great guitar solos I have listened to and have attended some live playing too. This is my best top 10 guitar solos of all time.

Back