What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think Elvis Presley would still be as popular today if he was still alive?

Nikki

LV

Notes
♬690
As many will know Elvis Presley died at a somewhat young age, he was 42 years old when he passed but through his career as a singer, performer, and movie star he became one of the most famous. Even now with the release of the movie Elvis he is still very much a loved person and many people are still huge fans of him even though he has been gone for many years.

If Elvis never passed away as young as he did and he was still alive to this day, do you think he would still be as popular if not more popular than he was?

He might have done well in pop country or old-fashioned country, maybe some kind of alternative rock-a-billy. He had an amazing voice that would have done well in any era. It would be interesting to see some sort of alternate history thing. :sneaky:

Elvis was amazing when he was alive and it was a huge loss to the music world when he passed away. I truly believe that if he was still alive today he would still be as popular now as he was before he passed away. I can only imagine the kind of music he may have released over the years if he was still alive today. He was a very talented man and a great singer.

Unquestionably, Elvis Presley was a legendary figure in both music and popular culture. He became one of the most well-known singers, entertainers, and movie stars of all time because of his distinctive voice and charisma on stage. Despite the fact that he passed away at a young age, his music and legacy have continued to enthrall fans of all ages.

Even though it's impossible to imagine what may have occurred if Elvis had lived longer, it's probable that his fame would have continued to rise. He may have continued to develop as a musician and performer and perhaps ventured into other forms of entertainment, given his enormous skill and charisma. It's also probable that he had trouble remaining relevant in the constantly evolving musical world.

No matter what happened, there is no doubt that Elvis Presley had a huge impact on music and popular culture that is still felt today. Through his songs and the innumerable admirers who still value his talent and impact, he leaves behind a lasting legacy.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I feel he would still be as popular now as he was before his passing. I can only imagine the music he would have released over the years had he not passed away so early in his life. He was amazing not only in singing but in acting and also when he was on stage he was an amazing entertainer as well. I feel we lost a lot when he passed and there was so much he could have still offered that we will never see.

Some people didn't like Elvis' later stuff. I suppose he would have kept being bashed had he lived on. John Lennon was quoted saying that the Sun Record era was good enough for him.

This is something we won't truly know for sure because he's dead already. Also, music have evolved over the years, I think that time will come when he's not going to matter that much. Look at the likes of Boney M and Co, they stopped mattering for a while.

Even though it's impossible to tell what's going to happen in the future but when you look at what Elvis Presley have already done in the music industry and how talented which got him to be known as the King of Rock and Roll. He would have been so great today in the music industry that no one is going to question his popularity.

Back