What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you remember recording things on the radio to a cassette tape?

Shortie

LV

Notes
♬874
I remember when I was a kid, I used to sit on a Sunday night when the charts were on the radio and when a song came on that I really liked, I would hit record on the cassette recorder and record the song. The most difficult thing was to try and stop the recording before the radio host spoke at the end of the song, that was always annoying.

Do you remember recording songs on cassette tapes when you were younger from the radio?

I remember this very well! I always got frustrated as the radio presenter would always talk about 30 seconds before the song ended up you could never pin-point when they would do it and you have to hover over the cassette recorder so you were ready to hit stop. So many times I ended up getting the presenter caught though.

I do remember doing this. It was once a week and I would always make sure that my mum had a blank cassette tape so that I was able to use it to record my favorite tracks from the radio. The presenter talking before the song had even finished annoyed me but I did what I could.

Thankful now things are much simpler and we have the ability to listen to and have access to the music we love without those issues. Good memories though.

This is something which I did very often when I was still a teenager. There was a radio station back then which used to play trending music, I recorded so many of their songs on cassette tape. I even record my own freestyle singing too. Listening to myself sing was very funny.

I remember this very well! I always got frustrated as the radio presenter would always talk about 30 seconds before the song ended up you could never pin-point when they would do it and you have to hover over the cassette recorder so you were ready to hit stop. So many times I ended up getting the presenter caught though.
The most painful part is when your trying to stop and start in the process of cutting off the radio presenter from being in the record, then all of a sudden, the tape of the cassette coils and gets entangled in the radio. It's the end of the record session.

Yes of course, I do remember. How can I ever forget what made my childhood memories fun and exciting? We did it all the time in our crew. If task each and every one in the group to get their best recording and we will choose which one is the best to play in the hood with our cassette player.

If you were into music when you're a kid, there's no way you wouldn't do this every time. Some of us started feeling like music producers at that age. Looking back at what we were able to do back then, I can say we did so well with less tech.

Yes, I remembered this very well because I did it so many times in my 2nd grade. There was a project I was given which required my recording on a tape at the time.

Back