What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Music and Drums

Jason

LV

Notes
♬663
Country and Western has some interesting beats. Nonetheless, drums were not always welcome in country. I suppose it was kind of a racist thing to big extent. Now, some music like bluegrass doesn't seem to really need drums at all, but there are bluegrass beats.

It was funny when Buddy Holly tried to play Country music with drums and the producer said, "Drums are for parades.", lol.

I personally love Dolly Parton as a country singer.
I like her as a person, but I am not a huge fan of her music. 9 to 5 was pretty good, but the other stuff just doesn't grab my attention and "I will Always Love You" is very annoying, but I do think Whitney Houston did a good rendition of it, but the lyrics are still annoying.

Note: Dolly with her theme park in Tennessee has made so many people happy and also she has done a lot for charity. She is a very good human being.

It was funny when Buddy Holly tried to play Country music with drums and the producer said, "Drums are for parades.", lol.
The producer was very correct if you ask me. Drums ain't a thing for country music. His description that it belong to the parade was the best possible link up I can think of.

The producer was very correct if you ask me. Drums ain't a thing for country music. His description that it belong to the parade was the best possible link up I can think of.
Don't agree with that at all! However, a lot of country, like a lot of Bluegrass, is better without it. Nonetheless, that's not saying all.

Nowadays you find a lot of drums in country music but it is true it was never something you would always see in country music and most usually frown upon drums being used in most country music.

I personally find that with the newer country music it works but the older country music especially bluegrass never needed it and even now, it still does not need it.

Nowadays you find a lot of drums in country music but it is true it was never something you would always see in country music and most usually frown upon drums being used in most country music.

I personally find that with the newer country music it works but the older country music especially bluegrass never needed it and even now, it still does not need it.
I have never been a fan of what's been going on with the inclusion of drums in country music. It's not what we used to but it seems like a trend now which I don't know where and how it came about. Country music of the old have always been classical and that's why I feel in love with them.

I have been listening to country songs since my childhood. My father played a little bit. I'm guessing that's where their enthusiasm for country music comes for me. Unfortunately, I can't play drums like my father did but I can appreciate a good player.

Some country sounds great with beats like the train beat. In any instance, country isn't drum-centric. Drums, aside from some extreme train-beat songs, have the drums way in the background.

You're funny. :sneaky:

Back