What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solar Powered System or Generators?

Paul

LV

When you're looking at having an alternative source for generating electricity for your home or your office, which one would you like to choose between using solar panels or generator?

Solar is the trend today but it seem like it's more expensive on the short run but cheaper on the long run. I would like to use solar power system over using generators.

The experience that I have with generator usage, it's always good when the generator is still new. But once it gets older, it will be having a lot of mechanical problems. It becomes very frustrating using it at that point. I prefer using solar panels now.

Gone are the days when I still used to burn fuel on generators. I had 3 generators at home then because I have electricity challenges all the time in my country. But I'm using solar system now and it's more peaceful.

Solar panels and inverter installation is very expensive. It's why I haven't gotten it yet. I'm making use of Sumec Generator now. It's serving me for now, so I'm good.

If I were to choose between a generator and a solar system I feel that the solar system would be the more beneficial for my needs. Unfortunately, both ways seem very expensive and that is why so many people have been unable to switch to something like solar-powered or a generator. I can only hope that one day it will be available for more people at a more affordable cost.

From what I have heard from others who have them installed and use them, it would seem to invest in solar panels would be better for the long term over a generator. Much like so many other people, I too would not have the funds to be able to put into either of these but if I did have the funds, it would definitely be solar panels that I would use over a generator.

I was having a discussion about this with a friend the other day, especially with the steep rise in energy bills at the moment and we both came to the conclusion that solar panels would probably be the most beneficial to invest in and would be the most affordable as well. I would opt for solar panels.

Generators are noisy and lousy to use in residental homes. I will not be comfortable with any of tenants making use of generators to disrupt people's sleep at night. It's why Solar will be better fix alternative for power.

Petroleum products are very expensive in my country today and it's the reason why I have decided to decommission making use of my petrol powered generators and started making use of solar inverter panels. This is because is more cheaper for me on the long run.

At the moment, I don't have generator or solar panel system. The reason why I don't have either of them is because we have constant and steady power supply which makes it irrelevant for me to go and spend money on installing solar panels for a backup electricity.

Back