What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reggae music’s role in promoting social and economic justice.

Kennysplash

Staff member
LV

Reggae music highlights the struggles of the poor and advocates for economic equality. We see these in the songs of Bob Marley and Peter Tosh. They also address issues like injustice, human rights and environmental awareness.
No doubt there is a lot to the genre than we give credit to.

Bob Marley, Burning Spear and Peter Tosh addressed issues about inequality, poverty and oppression.

Their impact on social and economic justice is very deep and it aids generations to fight against human rights and a just society.

Bob Marley, Burning Spear and Peter Tosh addressed issues about inequality, poverty and oppression.

Their impact on social and economic justice is very deep and it aids generations to fight against human rights and a just society.
Those songs by Bob Marley and also Lucky Dube are like movement songs to ginger people to fight for their rights. Injustice and racism have been ruling the human race for far too long.

Those songs by Bob Marley and also Lucky Dube are like movement songs to ginger people to fight for their rights. Injustice and racism have been ruling the human race for far too long.
It was in the days of Bob Marley and Lucky Dube that people fights for justice. Injustice and racism are taking toil on people even though Lucky and Bob Marley's songs are still active.

It was in the days of Bob Marley and Lucky Dube that people fights for justice. Injustice and racism are taking toil on people even though Lucky and Bob Marley's songs are still active.
Yeah! Another artist who fought so hard against the government with his songs back in the days especially in the African continent was Fella. Even though it's not reggae he was into, his songs had power.

Yeah, that was right. It's not every of his songs that I listened to but I know he fought a good fight of faith.

Yeah, that was right. It's not every of his songs that I listened to but I know he fought a good fight of faith.
Yeah, his kids are now taking up in the same footsteps as their father but unfortunately they can never be as good as their father Fela. He was a great musician which I doubt if we are going see his likes again.

Yeah, his kids are now taking up in the same footsteps as their father but unfortunately they can never be as good as their father Fela. He was a great musician which I doubt if we are going see his likes again.
They can never be like their father but they can do their best especially when they find their own path of singing.

Fela is one of the unique person we had on earth and believed that you can't find two persons with the same uniqueness.

They can never be like their father but they can do their best especially when they find their own path of singing.

Fela is one of the unique person we had on earth and believed that you can't find two persons with the same uniqueness.
Sure! It's why I still give more attention to his songs than those of his son. The son is definitely trying but I think something is still missing for him to be as good as his father. It's definitely going to take more time.

Sure! It's why I still give more attention to his songs than those of his son. The son is definitely trying but I think something is still missing for him to be as good as his father. It's definitely going to take more time.
Until you take off your mind that you want his son to be like his father, that's the begining of enjoying his son's music too.

Back