What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reggae Being Associated with Drugs

Jason

LV

Notes
♬663
Reggae isn't always about drugs, and you could say drugs are a big thing in rock and jazz also. Nonetheless, some people will make fun of you and any mention of reggae. Well, it's all good fun, but it's really inaccurate and silly.

Reggae is also another untouchable music where Caucasian people are seen as silly to play it. Surely, we have moved past that, lol.

The main drug that I believe Raggae is associated with is Cannabis. Almost all the Raggae artist I know use them and they even smoke it on stage too when they are performing. I use Cannabis every now and then too.

I see what the OP is saying. There is so much hypocrisy in labeling one type of music as being drug obsessed. It's almost like all Reggae is about is drugs, which is obviously false.

I see what the OP is saying. There is so much hypocrisy in labeling one type of music as being drug obsessed. It's almost like all Reggae is about is drugs, which is obviously false.
Even if they associated all kinds of drugs to reggae music, I will still not care about their stupid opinion. It doesn't change the fact that reggae music have more meaning, knowledge and inspiring lyrics compared to hip hop songs.

Almost all musicians make use of drugs. The thing is that reggae artists doesn't hide it but almost the other music genre singers hide their own. It's like I mentioned in another related thread about Lil Wayne passing out on stage when he was performing live as a result of drug overdose.

It's a shame that some people think this way when it comes to reggae. Yes, some reggae artists uses drugs, but it doesn't mean the music genre is all about drugs. It's a wrong analysis.

Nearly every musician do drugs. If they are doing hard drugs, they are smoking Cannabis like crazy. I've never seen any of them who doesn't smoke especially the one's in rap songs, hip hop, heavy metal, and of course reggae.

I wouldn't blame anyone who is of the opinion that reggae music is always associated with drugs because reggae artists don't usually do justice to themselves. They are always doing drugs and smoking marijuana all the time whenever they are even performing on stage.

Back