What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Music or Indian Classical Music

swarajoshi

LV

Notes
♬143
Indian classical music is a profound and intricate tradition that has evolved over thousands of years. Unlike general music, which encompasses various global styles and genres, Indian classical music is deeply rooted in ancient philosophies and spiritual practices. It emphasizes improvisation, intricate rhythms, and complex melodies, often performed in a structured format known as a raga. For those seeking a rich, cultural experience, learning Indian classical music at institutions like Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal can provide deep insights and mastery in this beautiful art form.

I have heard snippets of Indian music in the past but I wouldn't say it's music I listen to regularly.

I am someone who as a music lover will listen to all kinds of genres, some genres are amazing to listen to and I often wonder how I missed some.

Back