What's new
Music Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on Music Forums by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Indian Vocal Music: Traditions for Meditation and Inner Peace

swarajoshi

LV

Notes
♬175
Which Indian Vocal Music Traditions Are Best for Meditation?

Indian vocal music traditions that are particularly beneficial for meditation include Dhrupad and Bhajan. Dhrupad, known for its serene and meditative qualities, emphasizes slow, deliberate rhythms and deep melodic structures that promote inner peace. Bhajans, devotional songs, often invoke the divine and create a calming atmosphere, making them ideal for spiritual reflection. Additionally, Raag Yaman and Raag Bhairavi are frequently used in meditation practices due to their soothing and tranquil nature. These traditions help practitioners connect with their inner selves, facilitating a deeper meditative experience through the profound emotional and spiritual essence of Indian vocal music.

Indian songs are therapeutic, I'm saying that from the ones I have watched in movies and listen to from their genres. I love their instruments when it gives out this melodious tones.

Back